Wednesday, November 10, 2010

oh nom nom nom



Amen, amen, amen.

Listen, I'm hardly some liberal crunchy granola-eatin' Obama-smoochin' hippie. Though I am fond of my Birenstock clogs and Grateful Dead, I've never heard of this film until today. When did food, water, and air become so very political? Baffling. And oy. Oy, oy, oy. I very much doubt that Eve was tempted by a Froot Roll Up...but I'm only half-kidding when I predict that certain American so-called conservatives will take aim at *that* next. "See what happens when you eat an apple? You FALL."

3 comments:

Ganeida said...

Does this mean you're back? Have missed your posts.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

That's sad. The pic of the breastfeeding mom? Her hair is obviously dyed. Just sayin'.

I do know some conservative Christians who are going for odd diets based on "what Jesus ate" and that sort of healthy organic lifestyle thing. I know another who (I kid you not) sells all kinds of medical products to get our bodies more in line with the way things were in the Garden of Eden.

I think there are dangers in both extremes... but yeah, why does it have to be so political?

shrink on the couch said...

I don't see it so much as teaching kids to eat processed foods as the processed food industry has figured out how to make food-like-stuff taste ohh-soo-good. I mean, it just tastes good and kids want it. Hell, I want it.

"when they steal away breast milk"
This kind of language makes me want to turn it off NOW.

M.o.d.e.r.a.t.i.o.n. is what I wish more experts would advocate instead of vilifying so many foods.