1. Volunteered as an admissions rep for my undergrad.
2. Had one "social" event every day: coffee , drinks, or puppy playdates with friends.
3. Networked the heck out of three networking events.
4. Crashed a medical society's wine-and-cheese reception. Nothing new; I do it regularly because attorneys get so tiresome and I could never blend in with, say, the engineering or accounting crowds.
5. Pulled up all the garden plants, save for the eggplants which are still going strong.
6. Re-stocked the freezer with 40 servings my cauliflower soup.
7.
8. Got some continuing legal education out of the way.
9. Thought about starting my holiday cards.
10. Gave the little one a bath or, in her words, "that crazy lady tried to drown me in a sea of tea-tree oil scented bubbles."
Unemployment done right certainly is exhausting.
***
Usefulness of the day: Now is the time of year to get your sweaters out from storage. Use a sweater shaver to remove pilling.
3 comments:
OO! Holiday cards. You're good. I just have to smile and this. My father went to the office each day after his job loss. He eventually became the President of a drug company and retired at 47. But he had a VERY discouraging year there. It was hard. Not going to kid you. It's hard.
I started my cards in May. I thought I'd be done by now...but I am not. Ugh.
I wish my eggplants were still going strong. I made a few batches of baba ganoush (for the first time) this year. So yummy!
unemployed, but really cute. Glad you are busy and having some time for bubbles, coffee and conversation.
Hoping and praying your unemployed days are soon a thing of the past.
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted
Post a Comment