Sunday, June 27, 2010

just a list on a Sunday evening

1. Well, I can't believe I've been with this new job for more than one month. Time flies.

2. It is hot, hot, HOT here. I and my snow-white ancestors were not meant for this climate. I wilt. I melt into a sticky puddle. As much as I adore my windowed office, it gets full sun. I down so much ice water that I have to rotate which floor's bathrooms I use so no one comments on my excessive use of the facilities...unfortunately, drug use is hardly uncommon among the lawyerly folks.

3. I have to fly this week. On an airplane, incidentally. I hate flying. If you feel so inclined, pray for safe travels on Tuesday and Wednesday.

4. I took on a roommate for a few months. She neglected to mention she is terrified of large dogs. Jack has been taking full advantage of that, sidling up very close to her, giving a short, startling bark...and grinning as she flies to the dog treat jar to thwart an imminent attack.

5. I discovered that the large berry tree in my yard is actually a mulberry tree. The birds gorge themselves on the fallen berries, ocassionally getting tipsy from the fermented berries and flying into my window. I caught Coco doing the same. Gorging, not flying.

6. I decided that, in the interests of sanity, I need to take one full day off: no work, and no work talk. Curiously, God knew when He was talking about when He said something about a day of no work.

4 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

How FUNNY. Did the roommate think somehow this living arrangement would work out for her?? Good grief.

Diane Shiffer said...

Lawlz about your roommate and Jack... I think I like that dog;-)

And I have recently become serious about the whole idea of Sabbath rest. From Saturday evening to Sunday evening we do no work... or as little as is humanly possible. I don't do any sewing, except what is truly fun and relaxing. The kids do no chores. I take a nap in the afternoon. It is sooo wonderful! I want to shout it from the housetops... Take a day of rest!! You won't regret it!!! Funny thing is that everything necessary gets done somehow anyway, even though we have rested. God's way is the best way♥

Anonymous said...

Laughing about the birds. Too funny! Oh and definitly about Jack.

Allison said...

Mrs. C - Not a clue, but she is adjusting :)

Persuaded - Yes, I continue to stuggle with discerning whose way is the best way...indeed :) Generally, much angst results from my way...and then much head-smacking results from realizing that my way may not have been the best after all.!

Dragon - Oh, those birds. I am single-handedly keeping the region's baby robin population alive...so they can, in a few months, get wasted off fermented berries and scare the pants off me by flying into the window.