Thursday, August 20, 2009

Now, I know that all of you had your finger glued to the "refresh" button when I mentioned a very cool barn-related item on Tuesday.

And today I'm going to show it to you.

All the way from 1922...

It is a Wanted poster that was glued to an inner barn wall until one of the tenants carefully peeled it off and gave it to me.
I had the framer use a mottled dark red matte; the poster has been in a mottled red barn for 87 years.
Sorry to black out all the names. I just don't want any of you cozying up to Google and figuring out where I live. (I'm still in the process of gutting and rehabbing where I'm living, so it is very messy. And I'd be embarrassed to have you see that the fridge is temporarily living in my bedroom and that the bathroom doesn't have doors yet. Or hot water.)

I love it more and more every time I look at it!

***
I'm totally smitten with Lady Gaga's album The Fame. I'm also a little embarrassed to admit this. It is fabulous 5am gym music. And the fact that harlequin Great Danes have a presence in Poker Face is entirely coincidental. Does "listen to Poker Face, Paparazzi, The Fame, and Just Dance" count as "useful"?

3 comments:

Solo said...

I was terrified when I read the earlier post...good god, Allison, are you okay???

did Roomie go w/you on this move? no matter, Jack will watch over you.

kim said...

that is fantastic!! There's probably tons of places/people who would pay a pretty penny for a piece of history like that--what a lucky find :)

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

WOW. I never would have thought of googling names on a 1920's poster to figure out where someone lives. That's just... creepy. Though I guess you've seen it all.