Sunday meals usually consist of whatever produce I picked up at the flea market...yesterday, sweet white corn, lucious heavy mangoes, tomatoes, carrots, white peaches, strawberries, garlic, and ginger, for
belly-soothing ginger tea. I always thought I didn't like corn. But then...my flea-market buddy bought a roasted ear from a vendor, doused with garlic salt and hot sauce, and munched as we wandered around the stalls. I tasted hers, spraying bits of hot corn all over my face, and high-tailed it back to that vendor.
I probably walked around the rest of the day too blissful to notice the corn stuck in my teeth.

Sunday lunch: grilled sweet white corn rubbed with pepper and garlic and salt, then topped with hot sauce. It is
so good.

Fresh tomatoes.

Mango and carrots topped with my
hummus.

***
New job starts tomorrow! I'll go into the details later.
3 comments:
OO! Congrats on the new job. I've never tried corn like that. :]
I am obsessed with hot sauce, but have never put it on corn on the cob. I need to try this!
Love corn. We get mangoes for free round here. Sadly I don't like them. Growing the strawberries...
Post a Comment