I was gone for no more than 10 minutes. In that time, Jack opened my child-proofed cabinet, removed an unopened 5lb sack of flour, carried it all the way back from the kitchen area to the dog couch, and went to town.
Please note his little helper to the left, too.He is a serious carb-a-holic, so I'm sure straight flour was like pure crack to him.
Getting that sticky paste of drool and flour off a cloth couch was Not Fun.
However, I submitted the below picture to the "Marley Has a Mischief" contest last year. Everyone thought it looked like he was giving me a smug little smile. He wasn't - if you know him, you know that is how he looks before a sneeze. We won! First place!
GIVEAWAY:
Part of the prize was money. (I kept that.) The contest folks also send a DVD of Marley and Me. I have zero desire to ever see the movie. It is rated PG and you can read why here. Enter by leaving a comment with a good name (or more) for...a puppy! Because there will be a puppy added to the zoo as soon as I get a job. Puppy will probably be a girl and either be a Dane or a mastiff because one Lab is more than enough, thank you. I'll pick a random winner at some point.
If you want to see cute puppy pics and you're a prayer/sage burner/rain dancer/positive vibe sender, it couldn't hurt for you to pray that I land a job soon :)
Speaking of names, I thought this was too funny not to share. Jack's name is Jack. He is a bad dog. He is a super-dominant Alpha dog which means I am constantly pulling him off other dogs at the park. (Contrary to the rating guidance, there is nothing sexual about it - it is strictly a way to assert one's pack position.) For years, I was yelling, "Jack, OFF! Jack, OFF!"
I've since switched to "Jack, NO!"
4 comments:
omg Allison, you have me wishing I had a dog as awesome as Jack and simultaneously thanking God that I do NOT have a dog as awesome as Jack! Those pictures are precious!!
and I too, have zero desire to see Marley and Me..but I'm a sucker for a giveaway and I'll give you my favorite names for girl dogs (in no particular order):
Zoe (said like 'Zoey')
Chloe (said the same)
Maggie
Samantha
If I win the dvd, I ain't gonna lie...I'm gonna use it as a gift..lol
I SO love your blog..lol
Awww...love the pics I hadn't seen the flour pics. I will be praying you land a job soon. wow jack off hahaha too funny
HAHAHAHAHAHA! You cracked me up with those pics! They're awesome!! Thanks for sharing some of the best pics anywhere...
So Jack opened your childproof cabinets, eh? That ol' boy is too SMART for his own good!
Post a Comment