2. Somehow allow a spoon to land in the batter.
3. Unnoticed.
4. Bake.
6. Have great fun making frosting from very cold heavy cream. Marvel at how a little
7. Fill in the retrieval holes with that marvelous fluffy stuff.
8. Do the dishes.
Please tell me I'm not the only one to have done this!
8 comments:
Awww....sorry about the spoon...awesome pic of the pup
lol, you are the only one i've ever heard of doing this!
cake looked yummy though. :-)
Allison, that made me laugh out loud! It made me think back to a very old Little Rascals short film, in which the kids have a birthday party, and Buckwheat and his best pal (whose name escapes me) put all kinds of "prizes" in the cake..like shoes, a clock, a hot water bottle, a mouse trap....etc
that is So funny! lol
Don't worry. I won't tell a soul. And it still looks delicious!
Ha, the spoon was fine! Thank goodness for stainless steel...I just had to let cool off. I shudder to think of the smoky mess a PLASTIC spoon would have caused!
Kimber - I'll have to find some Little Rascals on utube or something...I was deprived of television as a child and have been doing some serious catch-up since then! All I know is that I'm totally loving the Three Stooges :)
I can honestly say I have never baked any kind of utensil in a cake or anything else! This was too funny! Were you tossing wine back while you baked? :)
But I can certainly join you in the list of beater-licking-dogs. Mine come running when they hear me tap the beaters against the bowl!
Lynne -
I've seen those little kitchen signs, 'I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food,' but, alas, I can't blame this on anything but clumsiness, inattention, or - more likely - both!
Well, I've never baked my utensils into anything before (that seriously had me laughing out loud when I saw the photo!), but let the pets do some of the clean-up? Sure! A cereal bowl is fair game for the cats after I'm done with it. Anything that tuna touched? Absolutely. Cake or yellow cornbread crumbs on my plate? Yep, Calvin is right there to take care of it. (I've heard that cats have no sweet taste buds. Based on Calvin's voracious sweet tooth, I think that's bunk.)
Post a Comment