Sunday, February 22, 2009

A FREE day!

Unfortunately, not free from the need to do some work. However, otherwise FREE!

Friend and I started a little game whereas we save up our coupons for free, full size products and redeem together on one day every 3 months or so. It's a fun few hours. We head to Jersey to do this. Jersey, being essentially one large strip mall, :), has every necessary store in a 5-mile radius. Here are the results:

1. 1 24-pack of Ensure. I'm not allowed half the ingredients in it, so this goes to the food pantry. This one wins the "best coupon" award.

2. 2 bags of Riceworks rice snacks. Friend's students in her home-based daycare will enjoy these.

3. 2 bottles of Diet Dr. Pepper.

4. 2 2.2lb bags of holistic dry dog food. These are for Jack. His discriminating palate requires a spoonful of "new" food stirred into his regular food. Otherwise, he gets bored with his regular food and protests eating. I tried to beat him at his own game (offer plain regular food only), but by Day 3 of no eating, I caved. This is one strong-willed dog.

5. 2 12-pack Ensure drink boxes for children. More for Friend's students.

6. 2 containers of Gain detergent.

7. 2 Napolean Perdis lip glosses. We each got to select our own color.

8. 2 containers of face cream from Origins. We're each happy with our own face creams, so these go to a women's shelter.

9. 2 containers of Aveeno face cream. See above.

10. 2 pairs of underwear and 2 small containers of lotion from Victoria's Secret, no purchase required. More for the women's shelter.

11. 2 free Suave products.

12. 2 40-count boxes of Tampax tampons. Friend and I are both very ardent supporters of the Diva Cup, so these go to the women's shelter.

13. 2 bottles fish oil supplements. Friend gave me her bottle.

14. 1 bottle Cascade rinsing agent. I've never had a need for this, but will use it.

We had to hit 3 places: one grocery store, a mall for Sephora, Origins, and Victoria's Secret, and one specialty pet boutique. At the grocery store, I redeemed a coupon code for one (of five!) free Redbox movie rentals. And we started the day with free tea and coffee from Friend's bank. Oh, and Friend had a free sandwich from Chik-fil-a. Not a bad day, eh? (And are we huge dorks or what?)

***
Tip/trick/lesson of the day: Banks have free coffee and tea! And pleasant, smiling tellers! I do all my financial stuff online, so I had no idea. Perhaps time to switch to brick-and-mortar?

No comments: