Sunday, February 15, 2009

Jack & Pinecone


Pinecones are a favorite toy. I have no idea why. He doesn't eat them; he just likes to pull them apart, carefully extracting each little pinecone petal and spitting it out. While ignoring chest full of carefully selected dog toys. I love the way the light hits his floppy velvet ears in this photo. Jack adores having his picture taken; he will come running when he hears the 'beep' of the camera. Before he ruined his shiny, coal-black nose rooting around in the dirt, he had a modeling gig or two.

***
You should have the following items in your car:

1. All necessary documents in a sealed plastic baggie. I keep everything inside a box under a car seat as papers have a tendency to get lost in the glove compartment.
2. Quarters and $40 in $1 and $5 bills, stored out of view.
3. A disposable camera to take photos after an accident.
4. High-protein non-perishables like nuts and protein bars. I also keep glucose tablets in the car.
5. Gatorade or a similar sports beverage.
6. Reflectors and/or flares.
7. A basic first aid kit.
8. Any additional medical items specific to your needs.
9. A blanket. Camping stores have solar blankets, but a fleece blanket is fine.
10. A few pieces of extra clothing, including socks and gloves.
11. A kiddie shovel - these are very light.
12. Seasonally appropriate items such as de-icer and a scraper.
13. Windshield wiper fluid.
14. A car cell-phone charger.
15. Paper towels.

No comments: