Tuesday, June 9, 2009

three chickies chirpin'

So, I walk outside yesterday evening and hear the little baby chickies chirping. I grab my camera, perch myself on the railing, balance, and coo "hey baby, hey baby," trying to get them to peer their little chickie heads above the nest. "Heyyyyyyy baby!" I say, louder, as one little feathered head tentatively peeks over the nest. Aw. And then a few whistles as I focus the camera. Mid-whistle, I realize (1) there is a neighbor across the alley...sunning herself? on her balcony wearing only half of what most regard as the bare minimum in appropriate sun-bathing garb and (2) oh, wait! she's not sunning, she is... (3) entertaining a male caller, (4) one of them was kneeling (ahem. not in prayer.) and (5) my camera is pointing almost directly at them.

Well. Thank goodness the two were otherwise engaged and oblivious to it all and, oh, had some music playing in the background. Because I would really hate to be dragged before the attorney character & fitness boards and have to explain that I was really just snapping the chicks, not the chick &...rooster. Oh my.


"Are they...what are they doing over there?"



Look at that disapproving scowl!



"Well, I never!" she exclaimed with much indignant huffing.



Mama Bird really didn't need to see that.
You and me both, sister.



Finally, some chick action. My kinda chick action.






Thank goodness the younguns' eyes are still covered.
Mama and I used all the eye bleach.
___
Usefulness of the day: If your old photos are stuck together, gently heat with a blow-dryer on the lowest setting for a few seconds.

5 comments:

Solo said...

Great post, Al! I sure needed some 'chirpiness' in this day today. Thanks!

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

OH MY GOODNESS! LOL I love the captions to your photos.

That is so yuck, though. :o

shane rocket said...

cant wait for more!!!!

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Amazing pictures and hilarious commentary!

AnneK said...

Goodness! That was hilarious.