I've finally turned my mother onto text messaging in the hopes that she would learn that a few lines of text is - for some matters - better than leaving her daughter a rambling, stream-of-consciousness voicemail. She is getting the hang of it...kinda.
Mom: so do u hve a hot date or VD???
Me: I get my lab results on Wednesday.
Mom: wht??? r u sick???
***
Usefulness of the day: Soak wilted greens in a bowl of cold water and set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes for them to perk up. This works especially well for stalk-y types like celery and bok choy. Why? Turgor.
2 comments:
LOL!! Your poor mom.
Very funny, your mom thinking you were serious.
And while I hadn't thought of perking up by soaking, I have seen spinach from the garden perk up in the cleansing soak. You'd think I coulda figured it out on my own, but, nooooo. Thanks for the tip.
Post a Comment