Meanwhile...
This little girl? The one I was thisclose to stealing over Thanksgiving? She is likely looking at ear tubes due to constant infections.

And baby Ava's mamma just came down with shingles. Given her history of MS and location of the rash, it is rather concerning. So if you have a moment, all of the above would appreciate some prayers.
(Can I just say that I had shingles when I was 21 and it was, hand's down, the most excruciating pain ever?)
***
We're predicted to get slammed with a "nasty" storm tonight into Thursday and maybe even Friday. I did the obligatory shopping for toilet paper and salt, filled up the gas tank, and threw a temper tantrum. Assorted states of emergencies have been declared in advance and I've resigned myself to getting snowed-in tomorrow or Friday. Fortunately, I've discovered (1) hulu and (2) Teen Mom. That should keep me busy. Oh my word, how did I go so long without ever discovering these reality-type shows? Teen Mom makes me cry and want to run out and save the world...but I'm totally rooting for the Catelynn and Tyler. I think they'll make it.
***
Anyone know anything about American bulldogs? Because I have poor impulse control, I responded to my dog park association's call for a home for a youngish boy. Strictly for more information on his temperament with other boys, that's all.
6 comments:
Poor baby!! Prayers said right now. :(
Sorry, but the only thing I remember about bulldogs is the story of Jack the bulldog. He was Laura Ingalls's pet when she was a girl... remember those stories?
Mrs. C. - I was a Laura nut. I even read the 8-series "historical fiction" based on her adult life by Thomas L. Tedrow. I'd have to read them again to recommend, though.
(English) bulldogs are the Laura-type - short, squat, drooly. American Bulldogs are much taller - they kinda look like Boxers, but taller and broader.
We too are bracing for the "Snowicane" here in northern NJ. It's snowing heavily right now but I understand the worst is yet to come. I am actually looking quite forward to being snowed in as long as the power stays on. ;)
American Bulldogs in general are great. They fall in the group of dogs usually referred to as pit bulls but their size can vary significantly...Feel free to hit me up on facebook or e-mail if you have more questions. That's actually what my Sprout is.
Positive energy and prayer your way.
Welll.... not being a dog sort of person, I don't know much about bulldogs except that they are cute. I love their smooshed-y looking faces. Was that helpful?
And I'll be praying for baby Ben, baby Ava and her mama♥
Post a Comment