This afternoon, I pulled into a gas station, thirsting for a cold beverage. I parked next to a red sedan and noted that the driver was asleep. I was not concerned - I know that I have caught catnaps here and there.
But walking back, I felt a sense of unease. I peeked in the car and saw a spent syringe on the driver's lap. Given the area, she was likely not a diabetic...if you get my drift. I phoned 911 while letting the station's manager know what was going on. 911 assured me that a team was on its way, and I asked the station's manager to check through an open window to be sure the driver was breathing. I spent good money of those CPR classes, yo. "She is just really, really, really high, I think," he said.
Non-responsive, but breathing. So I left. As much as I wanted to remain and know that she was ok, I knew that I would never know that she was, truly, ok. And, given that, my presence would only be of the gawker variety. No need for those. She was - is - a young girl. By her college sweatshirt and the college decal on her car, I assume she is a student. Please pray for her. I assume she survived her "high," but please pray that she survives. Please pray that she would know that her Creator loves her - dearly loves her - and that tremendous joy can be found in places other than a needle.
***
In other news, if you feel so inclined to pray that I land a job soon...it is also tremedously appreciated. Matthew 18:19 and all :)
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes, Allison, I am praying with you that she truly survives this and is able to get her life on track. Continuing to pray you get a job VERY soon.
Thanks, Mrs. C!
Post a Comment